The "Nicole Factor" Is Online

Welcome to the Nicole Factor at blogspot.com.
Powered By Blogger

The Nicole Factor

Search This Blog

Stage 32

My LinkedIn Profile

About Me

TwitThis

TwitThis

Twitter

Messianic Bible (As If the Bible Isn't)

My About.Me Page

Views

Facebook and Google Page

Reach Me On Facebook!

Talk To Me on Fold3!

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Do I Look Like I Like Touting My Stats Project? But I Thought That Social Media Was More Powerful, Anyway...

So, porque tu no me ayudas con mi proyecto de matematicas? I'm even appealing to fellow Hispanophones here (y no que hablo espanol bien, pero...). Here's the project:

  • Your part of the project-- you help me get at least 50 votes. All you have to do is vote on "How will/did you spend Thanksgiving?"

  • My part:


Project 3


MATH-138: Project #3

Do the following (in order):

1) Obtain some quantitative data (with at least 50 observations) and treat this data as your “population”. In your project write-up, explain what your data represents.

2) Without calculating the population mean of your data, guess what the mean is (and record your guess). It is okay if your guess is “bad”.

3) Calculate the population mean of your data

4) Randomly sample 15 observations from your population. You must explain how you did this sampling and record your results (i.e. your sampled observations)

5) Calculate the sample mean

6) Build confidence intervals around your sample mean with the following levels of confidence: 80%, 90%, 95%, 99%. Which intervals (if any) actually contain the population mean (gotten in Step #3)?

7) Perform 2-sided hypothesis tests that the population mean equals your guess from Step #2 using the following alpha levels: 0.20, 0.10, 0.05, 0.01. Note that your hypotheses, test statistic and P-value will stay the same for each test (therefore, you only need to write these down once). However, your conclusion might change from test to test.

8) Did any of your tests result in a Type I error? If so, which tests?

Write all this up in a report that is clear, concise, neat, and typed. Include your population and sample data in tables at the end of your write-up.


Por favor tu me ayude con eso proyecto. Please help me with this project. I'm trying to get random voters from Facebook, Twitter, etc.; the United States, m'Ha'Eretz Yisra'el, del Estado de Mexico, and everywhere else. Even if you didn't celebrate Thanksgiving, just vote "Other" or whatever else.

No comments: