14 The descendants of Manasseh: his Syrian concubine bore him Machir the father of Gilead, the father of Asriel.[e] 15 Machir took as his wife the sister of Huppim and Shuppim,[f] whose name was Maachah. The name of Gilead’s grandson[g]was Zelophehad,[h] but Zelophehad begot only daughters. 16 (Maachah the wife of Machir bore a son, and she called his name Peresh. The name of his brother was Sheresh, and his sons were Ulam and Rakem. 17 The son of Ulam was Bedan.) These were the descendants of Gilead the son of Machir, the son of Manasseh.
18 His sister Hammoleketh bore Ishhod, Abiezer, and Mahlah.
19 And the sons of Shemida were Ahian, Shechem, Likhi, and Aniam.
We can see that the following applies:
- Yitzchak (Fully Jewish, toshav l'habrit-- born of the covenant)
- Ya'akov v'Esav (Rivkah is a Hebrew but a gentile.)
- bnei-Yisra'el (Whose mothers are all gentile)
- Y'hudah takes Tamar; Yosef takes Asenat, etc.. Bnei-Y'hudah v'bnei-Yosef, and those in similar situations (e.g., Shaul HaBen-Simon v'HaKena'anit)
- Menashe took an Aramit as a wife and had Makhir, who was 1/16th Jewish.