Sadly, even gerim such as John Gill were willing to follow the usual, stripped-of context interpretation, though. e.g.:
``Samael (the devil) could not subvert Adam, till the serpent came and turned the heart of Eve, and Eve turned his heart, and they both sinned; wherefore it is said, "the woman which thou gavest me"; Samael had no power to turn him, till Eve came, and she was the cause of his eating.''
To take the easy way out is to deliberately forget, e.g.:
- Paul knew Torah and the rest of Tanakh well, in case you forget. He knew about D'vorah the wife of Lapidot.
- He knew about Rut, who laid down at the feet of Bo'az.
- He knew about the mother of Lemu'el.
- He knew about the Malkat Sheva.
- He was of the same tribe as Hadassah.