The "Nicole Factor" Is Online

Welcome to the Nicole Factor at blogspot.com.
Powered By Blogger

The Nicole Factor

Search This Blog

Stage 32

My LinkedIn Profile

About Me

TwitThis

TwitThis

Twitter

Messianic Bible (As If the Bible Isn't)

My About.Me Page

Views

Facebook and Google Page

Reach Me On Facebook!

Talk To Me on Fold3!

Monday, November 14, 2011

As A Jew, I Thoroughly Resent Any Portrayal of Jesus As Black or White




Dr. Marylin Kulik of Berkely College cites a fairly-often-used map that suggests, if not shows, that Jesus was Olive-- not Black (shakar), White (lavan), Yellow (tzahov), Red ('Adom, though 'Adam was 'Adom, but Iraqi 'Adom-- red or ruddy), or Brown (hum), but Olive (zayit). The Diaspora (HaGalut) left many of us looking all the different colors, though some of us retained the Olive complexion (including the Olive complexion in my own Ashkenazic Jewish family).

So the more that I'm becoming aware and getting closer to my Jewish heritage, the more that I resent any portrayal of Jesus as Black or White.

No comments: