The "Nicole Factor" Is Online

Welcome to the Nicole Factor at blogspot.com.
Powered By Blogger

The Nicole Factor

Search This Blog

Stage 32

My LinkedIn Profile

About Me

TwitThis

TwitThis

Twitter

Messianic Bible (As If the Bible Isn't)

My About.Me Page

Views

Facebook and Google Page

Reach Me On Facebook!

Talk To Me on Fold3!

Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Little Head Still Can't Fully Process That I'm Jewish...

At least with me being Spanish, the "Dark Irish" lie had been told only to Granddaddy and perhaps Granduncle Steve-- Grandaunt Bern knows that we're Spanish, and the Census Record would've proved that we're Spanish, anyway:

Alice Marie Reilly Allen fue mi bisabuela.

But the Chernetskis-- they pulled a good one. I mean, Nana Allen pulled a good one on Granddaddy, too; but c'mon-- to convince me that we were Polish-Lithuanian and Czechoslovakian Catholics was pretty good. Had I not begun doing the family research, I would've never found out that we are Jewish-- and of course Pop-Pop, Grandma, and others aren't happy that I found out.


To this day, my little head still can't fully process that I'm Jewish. But after 17-18 years of living under the illusion that I'm a Polish-Lithuanian-Czechoslovakian Catholic, does that I'm an Ashkenazic Jew with imot v'avot born as Yehudim v'Anusim Yehudim in Poland Russia, Ukrainian-Polish Russia, Slovakian-Hungarian and Slovakian-Polish Austria Hungary seem easy to process? Besides, especially the Chernetskis et. al. tried to pull fast ones with the Ellis Island and other port, Naturalization, and other officials.


Of course, for example, traveling as a single woman with a fellow Yehudit who has children will give right away that you're a Yehudit-- goyim and Yehudim didn't travel together back then, especially if a Yehudit ishah had children who the goy or goyah could easily hurt along with their ima. By the way, there is at least one Ivrit woman specified here, so to tell which one she was travelling with is hard. Both had under-21-years family members. There's also another Ivrit woman listed on the next page. There are at least three under-21 Ivrim, so there likely had to be other Yehudiot on the ship.




No comments: