The "Nicole Factor" Is Online

Welcome to the Nicole Factor at blogspot.com.
Powered By Blogger

The Nicole Factor

Search This Blog

Stage 32

My LinkedIn Profile

About Me

TwitThis

TwitThis

Twitter

Messianic Bible (As If the Bible Isn't)

My About.Me Page

Views

Facebook and Google Page

Reach Me On Facebook!

Talk To Me on Fold3!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Rant About Education, and Some Examples

To begin, I don't see why my mom made me take Statistics. Since I wasn't going back to Notre Dame after all, and I'm not a Math major or aspiring pollster or statician; to have me take Statistics was pointless. Computer Forensics, I can see. Introduction to Corrections-- the only problem is the pompus, know-it-all, macher professor (I'll write more later; so, keep reading.). But Statistics-- as Albert Einstein stated,  "The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." (Toda el I <3 Hebrew.)

As for the pompus professor (I have no problem naming names.): Dr. Traurig. I mean, the professor wants us to memorize everything from the book, for example-- forget real-world application, for which he'll actually deduct points from a student's grade; even if said student has been to a four-year college, by the way. Meanwhile, that's why I like his colleague Dr. Del Rosario better-- she gets that education isn't about indoctrination and regurgitation, but about learning and application.

He's also admitted that he might've had "too much to drink" when grading assignments sometimes, and he mocks the Bible and G-d. For example, I pointed out that Drakon and the Britons didn't come up with the punishment to fit the crime, weirgild, and lex talions: Torah did. He stated that if someone wanted to get right with G-d, they come to me; but if they wanted to deal with criminal justice otherwise (or something like that)....

By the way, I absolutely intended the pun on "macher"-- self-proclaimed maven, Mr. Know-It-All. So, he's been a lawyer on both sides (defense and prosecution), Marine (which he admitted was an intermediate sanction that a judge gave him an option of when he first started out as an adult), warden, and other kinds of executive personnel (and the Marines are a form of executors -- so there you go). He was also other kinds of personnel (e.g., a judge, I think) as well. So?

"Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. 22 For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; 23 but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks[a] foolishness, 24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men."

Knowledge is drek without wisdom, and education without application. Without applying knowledge instead of just regurgating what some macher maven wants one to read from a book, you're like a rabbit eating its own drek-- and rabbits do eat their own drek (which I heard as an argument against Intelligent Design, but which is actually an argument for Intelligent Design-- long explanation).

No comments: