The "Nicole Factor" Is Online

Welcome to the Nicole Factor at blogspot.com.
Powered By Blogger

The Nicole Factor

Search This Blog

Stage 32

My LinkedIn Profile

About Me

TwitThis

TwitThis

Twitter

Messianic Bible (As If the Bible Isn't)

My About.Me Page

Views

Facebook and Google Page

Reach Me On Facebook!

Talk To Me on Fold3!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

What I Want For My 22nd Birthday: DNA Tests From Male Relatives To Check For Kohein, Etc. Markers

I'm pushing the envelope & asking as male members as possible for DNA tests on my birthday. I want to know

at least whether I'm a kohenet (female descendant of Aharon ben-'Amram v'Yokheved, v'HaKohein). Any

male descendants, please get your DNA checked for Jewish-- especially kohein-- markers for our common

lineages if you can. 


On a side note, Kevin-- even though we don't share the Levshiks in common as far as we know--, you won't

be able to find the Levshik connection in the mtDNA; since Jewish women don't have Jewish DNA

(Remember that DNA of any ethnic sort gets passed down only in the Y-DNA). Thank G-d, we were able to

use that your Levit relative used the common device (the Levi surname variant) to establish that she was a bat-

Levi.

No comments: