The "Nicole Factor" Is Online

Welcome to the Nicole Factor at blogspot.com.
Powered By Blogger

The Nicole Factor

Search This Blog

Stage 32

My LinkedIn Profile

About Me

TwitThis

TwitThis

Twitter

Messianic Bible (As If the Bible Isn't)

My About.Me Page

Views

Facebook and Google Page

Reach Me On Facebook!

Talk To Me on Fold3!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

An Untitled Novel, Part 13

"Where did you hear about that mishpacha, anyway?" imi asked when I came home. "And you haven't referred to me as 'Imi' or 'imi' in a long time. You know, we used to call my mother that-- 'imi', 'my mother'." 


"You told me about hamishpacha."


"Now I remember. And I meant to tell you more about that before you went up there to explore that. Someone who claimed that he was related to that family one day came up to a family friend and asked if he could talk to him. He allowed him to. Then he told them perhaps what you told me that the other relative-- the one that you inquired to-- told you. He was using that story as part of his proselytization. The funny thing is that he even related it to this week's parsha-- he even quoted it, too. He said, 'In a similar way to how my side of the family meant evil by pseudo conversion, bnei-Yisra'el meant evil to Yosef. Just as they abandoned their Jewish religion in order to save their lives, so bnei-Yisra'el tried to make Yosef's life to be Gei Hinnom for their selfish ends.'


"Quoting from the King James Version of the New Testament, he explained, 'Jesus would have told them not to abandon their Jewishness to save their lives from the Catholic Poles and Russians. "Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it." He would have told them to stand for their faith, even if they did not believe in him, instead of convert to Catholicism and pretend to believe in him. Then again, even their considering Catholicism just to play the goyim saved their souls.'


"Quoting from the JPS Version of Tanakh-- since he at least tried not to offend our friend in his proselytizing--, he explained, 'Yosef said, "'Fear not; for am I in the place of God? And as for you, ye meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.  Now therefore fear ye not; I will sustain you, and your little ones.'"' In the same way, Jesus sustained the little ones of my relatives who played the goyim and thus turned their backs on their Jewish religion and ultimately on Jesus by only pretending to believe in Him.'"

No comments: