The "Nicole Factor" Is Online

Welcome to the Nicole Factor at blogspot.com.
Powered By Blogger

The Nicole Factor

Search This Blog

Stage 32

My LinkedIn Profile

About Me

TwitThis

TwitThis

Twitter

Messianic Bible (As If the Bible Isn't)

My About.Me Page

Views

Facebook and Google Page

Reach Me On Facebook!

Talk To Me on Fold3!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

We'll See Who Gives A Darn: How I Found Out That I'm Jewish, The Short Story

How did I find out that I'm Jewish? I typed in jewsforjesus.com for a joke (or so I thought), just to where the URL would go. As I found out that G-d got the last laugh, I got into Jews For Jesus. Then I remembered my dad calling me "Nicole Charnetski" a few times. "Charnetski"... so I researched. I had no doubt when I found this.




When "Danilowicz" showed on the death certificate and as I continued to research, the story came together. To begin, "Antoni" Chernetski was born to Julian Jan "Feliks" and Aleksjondria Alicja Andrulewicza Chernetski, who gave both sets' of her son's grandparents the names "Antoni" and "Katarzyna". Antoni was born October 24, 1904 in Tsuman, Ukraine; either en route to or from Buzhanka, Zvenigorodka, Kiev, Poland Ukraine, Russia-- where his mother's cousin Vil'gel'm Andrulevich lived. His parents, in contrast, were born at his Diasporan home of Lipsk nad Bierbza (where the Chernetskis owned a family farm) and in Bose, Sejny, Poland Russia (far from the Andrulewicz Diasporan homestead in Buzhanka).

Sat shiva for, the Chernetskis were kicked off the Lipsk nad Biebrza farm and forced to either stay in Poland as Anusim without their home in Lipsk or immigrate to America (which didn't have a much-better Pro-Jewish record) and live as Anusim. In his new Diasporan home of Luzerne County, Pennsylvania, the Antoni Chernetski who immigrated to Luzerne on May 18, 1908 married Mary Theresa Trudniak on May 10, 1934. Married to a Matrilineal Jew and daughter of Michael and Anna Monkova Trudniak, Antoni had five sons.

The oldest-surviving one, John "Jack" Gregory Czarnecki, followed his dad's footsteps and posed as the Ethnic Polish-Lithuanian son of Anthony "Tony" and Mary Czarnecki. Like his dad, who did change his name to Anthony John "Tony, Sr." Czarnecki, Jack carefully hid his Jewish background and also married a fellow Jew-- and a fellow Crypto Jew. He was married on September 23, 1959 to the Anusit Joan Adele Gaydos; the daughter of Michael "Mickey", Jr. and Marysia "Mary" Elizabeth Rusnak Gaydos-- the son of Anusim Mihal "Michael" and Katarina Maria Ushinskyova Gajdosz, and the daughter of Andrej Stef "Andrew Stephen" and Juliana Elizabetha "Julia Elizabeth" Rusznak.

I am the oldest daughter of Jack's and Joan's oldest child, Gregory "Greg" Matthew Czarnecki, who is just like his dad and granddad-- who committed suicide in part because of how hiding his Jewishness and his real story took a toll on him and his family. 

No comments: