The "Nicole Factor" Is Online

Welcome to the Nicole Factor at blogspot.com.
Powered By Blogger

The Nicole Factor

Search This Blog

Stage 32

My LinkedIn Profile

About Me

TwitThis

TwitThis

Twitter

Messianic Bible (As If the Bible Isn't)

My About.Me Page

Views

Facebook and Google Page

Reach Me On Facebook!

Talk To Me on Fold3!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

In Response To C. Polk's Most-Recent Comment

"You set up a series of false dichotomies, love.

"'Also, we all live in a dark and lonely world, unless we're in complete denial about how the world is'

"My world is neither dark nor lonely. The world is what we make of it; your world is dark and lonely by choice."



Haver, amigo, I think that you missed the point completely. Also, I think that you're in denial about how the world is or even subconciously too much trying to be of the world, which is a dark and lonely place.

"This is the reality being denied: Are you doing anything to change the darkness and loneliness, or are you waiting for someone else to change it for you? Who is responsible for making such a change on your behalf?

"'Speaking of a dark and lonely world, what does one do when even fame is the only way that he or she is going to be loved'

"Is fame what you think it is? How many celebrities have to see psychiatrists? Do they really seem happy to you?"


That I have much choice in the matter isn't really the case. Having Diplegic Cerebral Palsy, OCD/Anxiety/Depression, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, possible Aspberger's, and unmedicated ADD doesn't give much of a choice; not to mention much of my mishpacha. Also, these celebrities aren't too unhappy being famous or they'd quit willing to be-- and quit being-- famous.

"Demi Moore had a breakdown and had to be institutionalized. Where was her fame and wealth to keep her happy?

"When Whitney Houston was laying in the hot tub sinking down in a medicated stupor, or all the mornings she poured milk over her crack cocaine and ate it for breakfast, where was the love?

"This is the reality being denied: The Devil makes worldly offers every bit as good as God. It is up to us to determine a blessing from God and a trick of Satan. Do you know how to tell one from another? Love. Togetherness."



Kings David and Solomon were famous. So were the prophets (even if infamous in their lifetime). Fame isn't necessarily evil. Also, Whitney Houston and Demi Moore had all the support in the world-- at least Whitney at the end of her life (She even had flags at hald mast for her.), and Demi Moore at her low points.

"If you want fame, then you must become a whore to the media and give people what they want to hear, be a spokesman for diviseveness and make people feel superior about themselves for embracing your side of an issue. If you want love, you must find ways to bring people together in such a way that they recognize each other as equals. When it comes to fame and love, having one doe not mean you have the other. Lots of people are famous without being loved."



Plenty of famous people aren't media whores.

"Either way, if you seek unobtainable goals and then judge yourself by your inability to reach those goals, you are living in denial of the beauty that is within reach."



As I said, not much is reach for me because of the OCD/Anxiety, etc.

2 comments:

C. Polk said...

You know I care for you. If you'd rather carry this to private email, that is fine, you have my address.


"Haver, amigo, I think that you missed the point completely."

I got your point - you want to have a pity party and be unappreciative of all the good things in life. And a real friend would not let you do that to yourself. ;)


"Also, I think that you're in denial about how the world is or even subconciously too much trying to be of the world, which is a dark and lonely place."

I challenge you on that.

I feel blessed that I do not go to bed hungry at night. I feel blessed that I can drink water from the tap and I don't have to use a nylon mesh to filter out worms. I feel blessed to have a computer with Internet access. I feel blessed that I have clean clothes and sheets for my own bed.

You need to be just as specific. Why I am in denial, and why should my world be dark and lonely?


"That I have much choice in the matter isn't really the case. Having Diplegic Cerebral Palsy, OCD/Anxiety/Depression, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, possible Aspberger's, and unmedicated ADD doesn't give much of a choice; not to mention much of my mishpacha."

You've acknowledged your disabilities and limitations. What is the plan from here on? Don't get stuck on the initial phase of ackowledging disadvantages. Move quickly onto the phase of planning to better your life. You are a smart girl, you can do this.


"Also, these celebrities aren't too unhappy being famous or they'd quit willing to be-- and quit being-- famous."

They, like you, feel life will be better if they can get more. What they have now isn't good enough. The people they have aren't good enough. They want more. And what happens when they get more? Well, that's still not good enough. They want more. You see, if they just get more, they'll feel better - but they never do.

That's what is happening to you.

Your response will naturally be, "But let me get more, then I'll see if you're right!"

Has that worked so far? Have you been appreciative of the thngs you've gained in the past few years? Or are they overshadowed by what you think you should have, but don't? If at this moment, you think you'll be happier if only you can get more, then you won't be.


"Also, Whitney Houston and Demi Moore had all the support in the world-- at least Whitney at the end of her life (She even had flags at half mast for her.), and Demi Moore at her low points."

Apparently, they did not have the support they needed. Even with access to "more", celebrities are not any happier. Why do you think that is?


"Plenty of famous people aren't media whores."

Not all are. Some just don't care about being famous. They realize that they are nothing special, just another human being on this planet.

But the ones who fall into society's trap, and feel like they are special, become whores to industry. They want to keep their specialness, their celebrity statu. And, they want more.


"As I said, not much is reach for me because of the OCD/Anxiety, etc."

Acknowledged. What is in reach for you? Don't go backwards to what isn't in reach for you, we've already covered that territory.

Nickidewbear said...

I guess that we'll have to agree to disagree, then. I'm very appreciative of what I do have, but you'll understand what I lack once you've walked in my shoes-- and my braces.