The "Nicole Factor" Is Online

Welcome to the Nicole Factor at blogspot.com.
Powered By Blogger

The Nicole Factor

Search This Blog

Stage 32

My LinkedIn Profile

About Me

TwitThis

TwitThis

Twitter

Messianic Bible (As If the Bible Isn't)

My About.Me Page

Views

Facebook and Google Page

Reach Me On Facebook!

Talk To Me on Fold3!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Is "How Do You Like Me Now?!" Actually A Mean Song?

An excerpt from the lyrics:

When I took off to Tennessee
I heard that you made fun of me
Never imagined I'd make it this far
Then you married into money[,] girl
Ain't it a cruel and funny world?
He took your dreams and [he] tore them apart.
He never comes home
And you're always alone
And your kids hear you cryin' down the hall
Alarm clock starts ringin'
Who could that be singin'
It's me[,] baby, with your wake up call!
How do you like me now?
How do you like me now,
Now that I'm on my way?
Do you still think I'm crazy
Standin' here today?
I couldn't make you love me
But I always dreamed about living in your radio
How do you like me now?


Another excerpt:


[Yeah,] I was always the crazy one
broke into the stadium 
And I wrote your number on the 50 yard line
You were always the perfect one
And the valedictorian[,] so
Under your number[,] I wrote "call for a good time"

[And] I only wanted to [get] your attention
But you overlooked me somehow

So we can see that:


  1. He started the trouble with criminal trespass, vandalism, and publication of another party's personal information with a malicious intent to do so, and he has the hutzpah to complain about her overlooking him.
  2. He's not very forgiving.
  3. He's vengeful and vindictive.
Not that I'm perfect, and not that Toby Keith's a Christian (or at least acting like a Christian at the present time, anyway); nonetheless, this song of Toby Keith's penmanship goes against everything Biblical. For example:


  • Romans 12:19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord
  • Luke 6:35 But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil.
  • Psalm 83:16 Fill their faces with shame,That they may seek Your name, O Lord.
By the way, the context of Psalm 83 is that David desires to Israel should be avenged against Anti Semites. Toby Keith acts toward his former crush as if she put him through what Anti Semites have put Israel through over countless years-- and yet David is more forgiving. As a last resort, David wants for legitimate enemies of Israel (who never even did any bad to many of the Anti Semites in the first place), that they "be confounded and dismayed forever;Yes, let them be put to shame and perish, That they may know that You, whose name alone is the LordAre the Most High over all the earth.


Toby Keith acts as if his former crush was a Nazi who put countless Jews and gentiles, including Corrie ten Boom, through an inexplicable amount of pain. Yet, many of us have been perhaps beyond forgiving and even forgetful in some ways (for example, in buying Mercedes Benzes and hosting ".de" domain websites), and Corrie ten Boom forgave her former Nazi captor. By the way, the L-rd has the right to hate and laugh at the wicked; we do not, since we are human and imperfect; and even the L-rd does not desire that anyone should perish (See Ezekiel 33:11 and 2 Peter 3:8-9.), though He predestines (See Romans 9:10-24.). 

Here's the video for itself, though, so that you can judge for yourself:





No comments: