The "Nicole Factor" Is Online

Welcome to the Nicole Factor at blogspot.com.
Powered By Blogger

The Nicole Factor

Search This Blog

Stage 32

My LinkedIn Profile

About Me

TwitThis

TwitThis

Twitter

Messianic Bible (As If the Bible Isn't)

My About.Me Page

Views

Facebook and Google Page

Reach Me On Facebook!

Talk To Me on Fold3!

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Messianic Jews, Antimissionaries, and the Rest of Everybody

First of all, Messianic Jews don't proselytize. Many people (including on PolishForums.com) are  confusing proselytizing with being open about faith. My and other Messianic Jews' intent is not to convert or force conversion on anybody. 


Certain posters on PolishForums.com like genecps (who is an Antimissionary, and Antimissionaries frequently) say that even being open about your faith is proselytizing or trying to force conversions; which is about them, not me. I understand, meanwhile, where some people are coming from, but I'm not proselytizing--if my intent were to convert anybody instead of just share my faith-based arguments and support them with Scripture, I could see their contention. As I stated, the Antmissionaries (in general, not just on PF) have been skilled in convoluting the meaning of "proselytize". Posting Scripture to support my arguments, by the way, is not proselytizing. Proselytizing is forcing conversion.


To proselytize is to:

Webster: 

: to induce someone to convert to one's faith
2
: to recruit someone to join one's party, institution, or cause
transitive verb
: to recruit or convert especially to a new faith, institution, or cause


We don't do that. We share our faith and let you and G-d make the decision:

1 Corinthians 3:5-8 (NKJV): 

5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one? 6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase. 8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.


The Inquisitors, the pogromists, etc.--they proselytized.

Secondly, Jeszua (Jesus) was a Jew. So you don't believe that Jeszua was the Messiah. Nu, what can I do about it? But don't tell me that I'm not Jewish because I believe that a Jewish man who you don't believe is the Messiah, is the Messiah. Thirdly, we Jews are a people first, regardless of what we believe--belief is secondary:

Deuteronomy 7:6-8
New King James Version (NKJV)
6 “For you are a holy people to the Lord your God; the Lord your God has chosen you to be a people for Himself, a special treasure above all the peoples on the face of the earth. 7 The Lord did not set His love on you nor choose you because you were more in number than any other people, for you were the least of all peoples; 8 but because the Lord loves you, and because He would keep the oath which He swore to your fathers, the Lord has brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you from the house of bondage, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

No comments: