The "Nicole Factor" Is Online

Welcome to the Nicole Factor at blogspot.com.
Powered By Blogger

The Nicole Factor

Search This Blog

Stage 32

My LinkedIn Profile

About Me

TwitThis

TwitThis

Twitter

Messianic Bible (As If the Bible Isn't)

My About.Me Page

Views

Facebook and Google Page

Reach Me On Facebook!

Talk To Me on Fold3!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I'd Appreciate If Someone Could Translate the Following For Me...

ul. Mickiewicza 1, 16-400 Suwałki
parter budynku
Polska

Attn: Elżbieta Giedrojć

Director Giedrojć:
I inquire of the Suwałki Register Office regarding information on my family. My family was Jewish before my great-great-grandparents converted to Catholicism in or after 1904. Therefore, I have no true birth and paternity information on even my great-great-grandparents. 

For example (and I have attached copies of certain records for your reference per what I am explaining), my great-great-granddad claimed to be Julian John “Felix” Czarnecki né Julian Jan “Feliks” Czarniecki, and the son of Antoni Czarniecki and Katarzyna née Daniłowiczówna. He specifically claimed to be born once on December 24, 1876; and another time on December 24, 1877. However, in a 1920 United States Census Record, he revealed his surname to be “Chernetski”. He also was born or at least made his childhood residence his family’s farm in Lipsk nad Biebrzą.

His wife (my great-great-grandmother), Alexandria Alice Andrulewicz Czarnecki, claimed to have been born on June 26, 1882 in Bose, Sejny Uyezd, Suwałki Gubernia. She claimed to be born Aleksjondria Alicja Andrulewiczówna and the daughter of Antoni Andrulewicz and Katarzyna née Margiewiczówna. Yet, her son (my great-granddad) Anthony John Czarnecki, Sr. was (rather, at least she claimed that he was) born in Cumań, Wołyń. She also had a cousin, Vil’gel’m Andrulevich, in Buzhanka, Zvenigorodka Uyzed, Kiev Gubernia. 

Speaking of my great-granddad, his parents claimed him to be born conversely in Cumań, Wołyń and mainland Poland. They claimed him to be born Antoni Jan Czarniecki on October 23, 1904 and October 24, 1904. He immigrated to Sugar Notch, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania, United States with his mother in May 1908.

As I stated, I have attached copies of certain records for your reference per what I am explaining. I hope that you can provide me with the correct information about my great-granddad, his parents, and his grandparents. I also hope—if I may request—that you can provide me with as many records containing the information as possible. In particular, I am interested in specific records such as their birth, baptism, circumcision (b’rit milah), confirmation, bar- and bat-mitzvah, and death certificates and records.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,

Nicole Czarnecki 
Nickidewbear@aol.com 

Enclosed: Certain records mentioned for reference

No comments: