The "Nicole Factor" Is Online

Welcome to the Nicole Factor at blogspot.com.
Powered By Blogger

The Nicole Factor

Search This Blog

Stage 32

My LinkedIn Profile

About Me

TwitThis

TwitThis

Twitter

Messianic Bible (As If the Bible Isn't)

My About.Me Page

Views

Facebook and Google Page

Reach Me On Facebook!

Talk To Me on Fold3!

Sunday, May 5, 2013

I Actually Didn't Want To Think That Felix Mendelssohn Was A Believing Jew, But...

Alright; alright. I'll believe that Mendelssohn was a believing Jew. But I did read that he resisted "Mendelssohn" being used for "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing". I did read that he expressly resisted it being used for religious purposes and that he may have resisted Christianity in secret. Then again, to say that a lot of believing Jews like myself have had problems with the rest of the Church over the years is fair. I guess that I just wanted to be careful & err on the side of that Mendelssohn was a Non-Messianic Crypto Jew so that I wasn't disappointed.

To know that Mendelssohn was a believing Jew (which Wikipedia of all places surprisingly states) is good. At least I know that I won't be disappointed and that I will meet Mendelssohn in Heaven after all. Coming from an Anusi background, I weirdly don't want to get my hopes up and think that certain Jews were fellow believers if they weren't. I also don't want to err toward and mislead Non Messianics when giving examples of Jews who actually believed. I can safely give Mendelssohn now, so that helps. I guess that I believed what revisionisms tried to imply that he didn't believe.

Too often is the case that (and a contention that I have is that) the Church tends to engage in revisionism as much as non believers. For example, we like to preach that the US was a Christian country. If we're honest, we'll say that it was sadly Desitic Unitarian. We also talk about the Crusades as this great Christian conquest when they were nothing more than Pseudo-Christian, Anti-Semitic pogroms. I get that were in Laodicea, but that doesn't mean that we can fall away like everyone else. We as the Church have to be honest.

Besides, does being dishonest help Non-Believing Jews?

No comments: