The "Nicole Factor" Is Online

Welcome to the Nicole Factor at blogspot.com.
Powered By Blogger

The Nicole Factor

Search This Blog

Stage 32

My LinkedIn Profile

About Me

TwitThis

TwitThis

Twitter

Messianic Bible (As If the Bible Isn't)

My About.Me Page

Views

Facebook and Google Page

Reach Me On Facebook!

Talk To Me on Fold3!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I'm Reserved About Going To the Rusnak Family Reunion This Year Because...


  1. Until further notice, I'm still estranged from my dad.
  2. I haven't been to reunions since 2006.
  3. Not all of the family is meshuga, but some are--and they think that I'm meshuga and have gotten others to think so.
  4. Some of the ones mentioned in Reason #3 are very unhappy that I found out that we're Jewish, that Great-Grandma Gaydos was a kapo (And what else do you call someone who stopped writing to Vilmosz et. al. when they asked for help?), and that I'm a Jewish-Christian Republican.
  5. Some of the ones mentioned in Reasons #3 and #4 would like to see me dead (You don't think they would if they could get away with it?).
  6. They won't invite Foskos (which is a stupid move, since Great-Great-Grandma Rusnak was a Fosko--how much stupider can you get thannot to invite the matriarch's family?).
  7. I'd prefer the Rapture to come first.
I have more reasons, but you get the point; and as I said on Twitter, the Spirit be with me if I go to the family reunion! 

2 comments:

C. Polk said...

I think you should go despite those reasons because:

1. Focus on conversations with other people. :)

2. All the more reason to go!

3. Some of them may seem crazy, but you really only know some parts of their personality, and what you don't know could make the rest make sense. So try to learn other things about them. Same with what they know of you. If all else fails, refer to #1!

4. Finding out about your heritage doesn't change anything about who you are. It could shape your future, if that's what you focus on. Some people don't want to spend a lot of time on that, and that's okay. Just like it's okay if you want embrace your heritage. Find others who have that interest. For the ones who don't, learn what kinds of things they are interested in. Even if you don't share those interests, you can find out interesting things about those interests!

5. I don't believe that for a minute! :P But just in case I'm wrong, refer to #1.

6. One day, you can have a reunion party for them.

7. I'm betting it won't. But just in case I'm wrong, refer to #2!

You should go. Have fun! And take some video of the meshuga parts to share online. :)

Nickidewbear said...

Were you reasons easy to follow! But sadly, I even hid this list from the family page, and you know that I put "The Spirit be with me if I go!" for a reason.