The "Nicole Factor" Is Online

Welcome to the Nicole Factor at blogspot.com.
Powered By Blogger

The Nicole Factor

Search This Blog

Stage 32

My LinkedIn Profile

About Me

TwitThis

TwitThis

Twitter

Messianic Bible (As If the Bible Isn't)

My About.Me Page

Views

Facebook and Google Page

Reach Me On Facebook!

Talk To Me on Fold3!

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The Type Of Matters That I Want To Bring To the Forefront, And...

I can't bring up those matters when I'm being crushed under the weight of my own burdens. For example:

Catholic teaching prohibits the use of artificial contraception but allows the use of the so-called rhythm method, where couples avoid unwanted pregnancy by planning sex on days during the woman's menstrual cycle on which she is less likely to conceive.

Then some wondered why I was furious when a Facebook friend suggested that I "[m]arry Jesus in [my] heart." As I told him, my family suffered enough under the Roman and Byzantine Catholic Churches. Need I bring up Great-Granddad's family again, for example? Besides, I know exactly what "marry[ing] Jesus" means:


  1. As if I'm not already a Christian? Fur shanda
  2. I saw when, for instance, the SSND women at UNDM had on wedding bands to represent that they were "brides of Christ" (and I was reminded of that term when I read The Staircase recently).
I told him quite frankly:

"Marry Jesus"? What; become a nun? I'm a non-proselytizing Jewish Christian; and quite frankly, my paternal family dealt with enough from the Roman and Byzantine (e.g., Russian Orthodox) Catholic Churches for centurieswhich is why my and other branches became Anusim.

Also, this matter reminded me of why people complain about the Roman Catholic Church. After all, even Acts 15 prevents menstrual sex!  Again, my own paternal family dealt with enough from the Roman and Byzantine (e.g., Russian Orthodox) Catholic Churches for centuriesand part of that included watching and hearing as the Roman Catholic Church contradicted even the B'rit Chadashah, let alone (the rest of) Tanakh.

No comments: