The "Nicole Factor" Is Online

Welcome to the Nicole Factor at blogspot.com.
Powered By Blogger

The Nicole Factor

Search This Blog

Stage 32

My LinkedIn Profile

About Me

TwitThis

TwitThis

Twitter

Messianic Bible (As If the Bible Isn't)

My About.Me Page

Views

Facebook and Google Page

Reach Me On Facebook!

Talk To Me on Fold3!

Saturday, August 16, 2014

A More-Thorough Answer To Questions Which A Fan Asked Me on My Facebook Page


  • "Shalom l'kulam" means "peace for all". You could reply "Shalom l'at[a]" (singular "Peace for you") or "Shalom l'ate[m/n]" (plural, "Peace for you"). 
[The original answer. Since he asked about "Shalom l'kulam" and I wasn't thinking of object forms of Hebrew pronouns, I didn't give correct answers. To be fair, though, my native language is not Hebrew (although it is my ethnic/national language). Also, as I note, I did not know that I am Jewish. 

[I should've answered with the following:

  1. [L'shalom l'lekh.
  2. [L'shalom l'lakh.
  3. [L'shalom l'lakem.
  4. [L'shalom l'laken.
[PS I know that I should use my Rosetta Stone software more. Also, remember that "whenever you feel like criticizing any one, just remember that [not] all of the people in this world [have] had the privileges you've had." (I don't like the original wording by the way, since quite a few people had and have the privilege that Nick Carraway had.)]
  • I myself try not to eat pork, though some Jews (particularly Liberal [more-liberal Masorti/Conservative, Reform/Progressive, Reconstructionist, Alternative, etc.] and secular Non-Messianic Jews) do. 
[I should have mentioned that I've been trying to go more kashrut since I've found out that I'm Jewish and have the classically-Jewish IBS  (By the way, I do not buy that IBS and Chron's are not related. IBS and Chron's, which increases the risk of Colon Cancer, are part of the same system.).



  • As for a bar mitzvah, he is a "son [of the] commandment". A bat mitzvah is a "daughter [of the] commandment". B'nai Mitzvah ("sons [of the] commandment") are found in all denominations (Messianic and Non Messianic); and so are Banot Mitzvah ("daughters [of the] commandment), although only in Messianic and Non-Messianic Liberal denominations do banot mitzvah have teqesim l'b'nai mitzvah (bar- and bat-mitzvah ceremonies). I myself, by the way, did not have a teqes l'bat mitzvah. This is because I did not know that I am Jewish until I was 18 years old.
[By the way, another wrong answer. Non-Liberal denominations do have teqesim l'banot mitzvah nowadays. Nonetheless, teqesim l'b'nai mitzvah are still considered more of teqesim l'yeladim.]


I hope that I answered your questions. Shabbat Shalom.

No comments: