The "Nicole Factor" Is Online

Welcome to the Nicole Factor at blogspot.com.
Powered By Blogger

The Nicole Factor

Search This Blog

Stage 32

My LinkedIn Profile

About Me

TwitThis

TwitThis

Twitter

Messianic Bible (As If the Bible Isn't)

My About.Me Page

Views

Facebook and Google Page

Reach Me On Facebook!

Talk To Me on Fold3!

Monday, August 27, 2012

Part Four of My Stage32 Submission

Since I do watch my Feedjit stats, and someone asked (maybe one of the Wojnars, though they'd be in Miami as far as I know), I'll answer a question:


    
Vero Beach, Florida arrived from google.com on "The Nicole Factor" by searching for is gaydos a jewish name.
21:13:08 -- 1 hour 43 mins ago


Yes, "Gaydos" can be a Jewish name--look on JewishGen, Yad Vashem, etc.. In our case, Mihal Gajdosz was a Jew--his parents were Anusim (or at least he was the Anusi son of) Jan and Maria Anna Homova Gajdosz, and his brothers were Gyorgy and Paul. He also plays into Great-Grandma Gaydos' games, by the way--anyone who followed my original Stage32 writer-qualifier submission can see how I was trying to tie him, his wife (my great-great-grandma), and his daughter-in-law into current events (e.g., "Hate In the Heartland").

In other words, that "Geraldo At Large" special gave me an idea of what my great-great-grandparents faced back then--and thus why they played the kinds of games that they played. However, he (Mihal Gajdosz) didn't until he got involved with Katarina Szuanna Uszinskyova--a maven at game playing (By the way, if there is a feminine form of "maven", I can't find it or figure it out at present--you can see what my Anusi relatives, including the Gajdoszes, didn't pass on to me.).

To clarify, Great-Great-Granddad Gajdosz (later "Gajdos" and "Gaydos") was honest on his records (at least as far as an Anusi can or will be honest, as far as I recall) until he married Katherine Susan Ushinsky ("Keyde Usziansky"). Then came the Census records, etc. with wrong information regarding names, birthdates, etc.--and no attempt to correct them.

As far as what they faced (e.g., the Don Blacks of back then), they played the games that they played to avoid their day's Don Blacks. As I stated, Great-Great-Granddad Gaydos was for a time honest at least as far as an Anusi can or will be honest--and that means that he didn't openly state that he was a Jew.

As I also stated, Katherine Susan Ushinsky Gaydos was the maven who influenced his further dishonesty. As I explained, they played the games that they played to avoid their day's Don Blacks--and she did her gameplaying particularly craftily. In fact, I could not find her Ellis Island record for a long time because of this--but in fact, she had a Philadelphia port record, and (from Ancestry.com itself), this is what it looks like  (and thus also explains why she stated that her mom was born "Anna Hazlinsky"):

Name:Maria Uscianski
[Katarina Maria Uscianski] 
Arrival Date:9 May 1894
Age:18 Years
Estimated Birth Year:abt 1876
Gender:Female
Port of Departure:Liverpool, England
Ship Name:Indiana
Port of Arrival:Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Friend's Name:Marion Hazlinski
Last Residence:Taros
Microfilm Roll Number:T840_20



By the way, guess who put "Katarina Maria" as the correction until I saw the 1940 Census record and immediately connected "S." to that she had a daughter named Susan?

Name:Catherine S Gaydos
Age:67
Estimated Birth Year:abt 1873
Gender:Female
Race:White
Birthplace:Czechoslovakia
Marital Status:Widowed
Relation to Head of House:Head
Home in 1940:Roaringcreek, Columbia, Pennsylvania
View Map
House Number:383
Farm:Yes
Inferred Residence in 1935:Roaringcreek, Columbia, Pennsylvania
Residence in 1935:Same Place
Citizenship:Naturalized
Sheet Number:10B
Number of Household in Order of Visitation:99
Neighbors:View others on page
Household Members:
NameAge
Catherine S Gaydos67
Andrew J Gaydos33


By the way, Ancestry.com took "Saros" in fancy writing as "Taros"--I can't blame Great-Great-Grandma for that. Go see the original images if you need to see them--I have nothing to hide; I just don't feel like saving the images onto my computer when Ancestry.com could allow me to copy and paste the image of the records.

Also by the way, this ties into why Michael Gaydos, Jr. (Great-Granddad Gaydos) married game-player Mary Rusnak Gaydos. You hopefully see why he now married her--although he, bravely enough during the cold war, admitted "We're Russian." Hang on to his "We're Russian." admission, because that implied stand for Soviet (and other) Jews is going to be important. 

No comments: