The "Nicole Factor" Is Online

Welcome to the Nicole Factor at blogspot.com.
Powered By Blogger

The Nicole Factor

Search This Blog

Stage 32

My LinkedIn Profile

About Me

TwitThis

TwitThis

Twitter

Messianic Bible (As If the Bible Isn't)

My About.Me Page

Views

Facebook and Google Page

Reach Me On Facebook!

Talk To Me on Fold3!

Friday, August 24, 2012

I Have a Choice About My Jewishness, And...

I can, at my age and in my current circumstances, no longer use ignorance as an excuse. To be fair to myself and even others, I acknowledge that I was once at ages at which, and in circumstances in which, I was not even influenced--let alone provoked--to ask whether or not I'm Jewish. But now that I'm old enough and in other circumstances, I have a few choices regarding my Jewishness--none of which include ignorance or unknowing of my Jewishness, or fumigation of my DNA. Among the choices are:

  1. Denying that I'm Jewish. I can easily fall back on the cockamamie Fosko-Rusnak story that we're Czechoslovakian Byzantine Catholics, and the Czarnecki story that we're Polish-Lithuanian Roman Catholics who descended from lone immigrant Anthony Czarniecki and his great-whatever-granddad Stefan Czarniecki.
  2. Otherwise going Anusit (Crypto Jewish).
  3. Denying that Jewishness is an ethnic identity. Why not fall back on the excuse that Jewishness is a religious identity as opposed to an ethnic one?
  4. Pretending that because I believe in Jesus (Yeshua), I'm no longer an ethnic Jew--I somehow became an ethnic gentile by believing in the Jewish Messiah.
  5. Pretending that because my mom is (as far as I know) a gentile, I am not ethnically Jewish, anyway--in other words, denying that my Jewish dad had any part in my creation.
  6. Becoming a Self-Hating Jew.
  7. Actually using ignorance as an excuse (although, as I said, I really can't at my age and in my circumstances--besides, people would see right through my supposed ignorance).
  8. Not caring that I'm Jewish, anyway--using the "There is neither Jew nor gentile...", "We're all one in Christ.", "What does it matter?" interpretation of Galatians 3:28 that my mom uses.
  9. Converting ("returning" or becoming a "gerah tzedekah" in the case of converting) to Non-Messianic Judaism (depending how one would view my conversion).
  10. Proudly identifying as a Patrilineal and Messianic Jew (Jewish Christian).
I choose Choice #10: "Proudly identifying as a Patrilineal and Messianic Jew (Jewish Christian)." I'll break down why I didn't choose the other reasons later.

No comments: