The "Nicole Factor" Is Online

Welcome to the Nicole Factor at blogspot.com.
Powered By Blogger

The Nicole Factor

Search This Blog

Stage 32

My LinkedIn Profile

About Me

TwitThis

TwitThis

Twitter

Messianic Bible (As If the Bible Isn't)

My About.Me Page

Views

Facebook and Google Page

Reach Me On Facebook!

Talk To Me on Fold3!

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

On Anti-Black Racism And the Civil Rights Movement (Originally For Class)

 Southerners and Northerners who were racist (but predominately Southerners who were racist) used the Bible to justify slavery. But Dr. King was right: "A just law is a man-made code that squares with the moral law, or the law of God. An unjust law is a code that is out of harmony with the moral law." Besides, the Bible itself recognize that issues such as racism were going to be a particular problem (cf. Jeremiah 13:23, Isaiah 29:13-14) and (whether or not one takes the Bible as God in written form) indeed did marvelous works among the people (cf. Acts 8:26-40, 13:1). Dr. King clearly recognized this whereas the South and its slaveholding system did not. In fact, after I watched one of the videos in the slideshow, I saw how they took what is actually beautiful (that is, being Black) and perverted it into a crime via the way that they treated Emmit Till (Warning: graphic footage at 2:30-2:39, though it needs to be seen for one to understand how truly wicked racism and ethnocentrism are) and others (perhaps out of the kind of envy that Aaron and Miriam exhibited--maybe, like Miriam and Aaron, they couldn't accept that God could bless descendants of Ham at the same time that he chose to keep his promises to Shem and Japheth--besides, the curse was on Canaan, not Kush; though the Anti-Black racism is part of why the Non Remnant of Kush will backlash against the Chosen of Shem--I have seen Afrocentric groups use the racism that Whites and some Jews exhibited against Blacks as an excuse for their hate. As for the remnant of Kush--e.g., Dr. King--, they went and have gone out of their way to sympathize with the Chosen of Shem and forgive both Shem and Japheth with God's mercy and grace in mind.).
By the way, re Black forgiveness and non violence: given that I, in many areas and aspects of my life, have been hurt, I am still trying to fully grasp how many--if not most--Blacks could be so forgiving and patient after what my people (the Chosen of Shem, many of whom have also hurt their own--like me) and Japheth (e.g., many in my mom's family--e.g., the Allens who owned slaves and the Farrells who served in the Confederate Army) did to them. Had I gone through what Dr. King and others went through, I honestly don't know how forgiving and patient I could be. 

No comments: