The "Nicole Factor" Is Online

Welcome to the Nicole Factor at blogspot.com.
Powered By Blogger

The Nicole Factor

Search This Blog

Stage 32

My LinkedIn Profile

About Me

TwitThis

TwitThis

Twitter

Messianic Bible (As If the Bible Isn't)

My About.Me Page

Views

Facebook and Google Page

Reach Me On Facebook!

Talk To Me on Fold3!

Monday, September 3, 2012

Part Ten of My Stage32 Submission

In case you haven't been following, this is a nice summary of the parts which have followed the pictures so far. It was pre written and, as I stated, works. It also includes some newly-shared information and a way to contact me--a.k.a., yours truly (a.k.a., the transcriber of this family story):

To begin and in full disclosure, I am a Messianic Jew and a conservative Republican who promises not to proselytize. Nonetheless, I will share my faith and politics when asked or in an appropriate and impromptu way (By the way, please look up the Webster definition of "proselytize"--I want everyone to understand that I do not do or intend to do what the pogromists did to my dad's paternal granddad and his parents--among other relatives.).

I am a Patrilineal Jew, and do not subscribe to a Patrilineal-Only view--I believe that Patrilineal and Matrilineal Jews are Jews (which I've concluded partly because of my own research into the, for lack of better wordage, "Who Is a Jew?" question). Hence I, as far as I can tell, am atypical in that area alone--that is, in being a Patrilineally-Jewish and Messianic Jewish Republican. Also, I wanted to begin with a full disclosure, as I stated, and I have no intention of scaring or angering anybody whatsoever. I hope that--particularly if you're averse toward Patrilineal Jews, Messianic Jews, and/or Republicans--you can at least respectfully agree to disagree with me on what I identify as and what religious and political views I hold.
As I stated, "I want everyone to understand that I do not do or intend to do what the pogromists did to my dad's paternal granddad and his parents--among other relatives." As for Great-Granddad Czarnecki and his relatives, I'd like to  briefly share their story--which I discovered via family research, which I am still working to piece together, and about which I am trying to find more. If nothing else in my family history, the Czarnecki family story gives one a glimpse into who I am and why I'm in the United States as a Diasporan Jew (and given that I'm Messianic, I'm sadly going to have a hard time or will be unable to be making aliyah).

Great-Granddad was born a Chernetski in Tsuman, Volyns'ka, Ukraine (then Cuman, Kiwerce, Luck, Wolyn, Polish-Ukrainian Russia) either en route to or on the way back from Buzhanka, Cherkas'ka (then Buzhanka, Zvenigorodka, Kiev, Ukranian Russia). He was born on October 24, 1904 (and on his naturalization record and Social Security application, respectively, his birthdate was given as October 23, 1904 and October 24, 1903--these aren't isolated incidents of lying, by the way: the Chernetskis [Czarnieckis, Czarneckis] fudged dates, etc. to hide from the authorities in America and keep their Jewish identity secret).

His mother claimed to have been born Aleksjondria Alicja Andrulewiczowna--the Andrulewicz part being true. She was visiting cousin Vil'gel'm Andrulevich in Buzhanka when her son (who she eventually gave the name "Antoni Jan Czarniecki") was born. Incidentally, she conveniently gave her dad and dad in law the name "Antoni", and her mom and mom in law the name "Katarzyna"--the only truth in her parents' names was that one was born an Andrulewicz, and one a Morgiewiczowna ("Margiewicz"). She also claimed to be born--variously--in 1881, 1884, and 1885, and on June 26, 1882 (among in other years and on other dates).

As for her parents in law, the only truth in their names is that one was born a Chernetski ("Czarniecki") and one a Danilowiczowna ("Danilowicz"--don't ask me why; Polish names are weird, so "Danilowicz" with the "owna" cut off was actually legitimate). Her husband (and Great-Granddad's dad) claimed to have been born Julian Jan "Feliks" Czarniecki in "Lisko Orliscko" (which I found out was Lipsk nad Biebrza, not Lipsko) on December 24, 1876 and 1877, as well as in 1875 and 1879. By the way, "Julian Laczinsky" first came to America on May 16, 1903 and then November 9, 1904 as "Julian Zernetzky" (Isn't that nice? In all seriousness, I'm amazed that the authorities didn't catch him at some point--thus, I'm technically a descendant of an illegal immigrant and an illegally-naturalized immigrant [which is why, for a Republican, I'm unusual in supporting the DREAM Act].)

The Chernetskis--along with other meshumadim and others in the family--were summarily kicked off of the family farm in Lipsk or left it (The meshumadim were kicked off--and to be fair, I think that Roman Catholicism is meshumad [apostate]. Nonetheless, they were converting merely to save their lives from the Polish and Russian proselytizers--i.e., the pogromists.). They immigrated variously to Jersey City, New Jersey; Sugar Notch, Pennsylvania, and other parts of Luzerne County; and other places. Incidentally, the Chokolas (of Chokola's Beer fame and of whom Pete Chokola was born) were our cousins and lived in Wilkes-Barre (and Pete Chokola was a very-activist Democrat. So was my granddad, a now-former IRS Agent who was one of the three to serve tax papers to then-President Nixon. Incidentally, Pop-Pop did not believe that they were WMDS in Iraq--we can thank Julian Assange at least for proving Pop-Pop wrong.).

They lived as Ashkenazim Anusim (Ashkenazic-Jewish Crypto Jews) for the rest of their lives (and Pop-Pop was not happy when I found out that we're Jewish!), and Anusim still exist among us (with Pop-Pop being one of them. I'm an openly-Jewish Messianic Jewish Republican and Protestant--a complete 180 from Pop-Pop! Incidentally, Dad converted to Episcopalianism and Southern Baptism--because his current wife is a Southern Baptist--, and Mom is a Roman Catholic-turned-Episcopalian-turned-Presbyterian descendant of Roman Catholics and Methodists--perhaps even some Anusim and Jews who willingly became Catholic).
If you want more information, read my blog or e-mail me at nickidewbear@aol.com (You could e-mail me at nczarne1@umbc.edu, but I prefer my AOL address.). 

No comments: