Many guys—even good guys—claim that they wouldn't care if a prospect had disabilities, and then push comes to shove. Having Cerebral Palsy and mental illnesses, I can tell you exactly what I am—or at least potentially am—regardless of whether a guy could or could not handle it:
- A medical expense—e.g., I take three medications for OCD/Anxiety, Depression, and ADD.
- A burden—e.g., What kind of guy wants to be bound by a woman whom can't drive?
- An embarrassment—e.g., What kind of guy wants to have to drive a woman to Baclofen Pump refill appointments; and what kind of guy wants to lose friends because of being a woman with Cerebral Palsy and mental illnesses?
I'm crying as I'm typing all of this, too, as I know the pain of being a woman with disabilities and a damned statistic unless some miracle saves me—e.g.:
- Many guys leave women with disabilities and illnesses such as cancer.
- Many guys don't want women with disabilities in the first place.
What else can I say? I'm still crying as I type this.